Sunday 13 May 2007

and the band goes marching on...

It's a funny old world isn't it?

I posted yesterday about my relationship woes. When things start to go wrong, it's natural to start to think about the sort of life that you will start to carve out for yourself next. With the possibility that M and I will be no longer, I feel uneasy about the choices that lay ahead.

The sensible part of me knows that I could (and in all likelihood, would) go back home and create a lovely life for myself. I've never had any problem with finding employment, I have wonderful friends and adore the Australian lifestyle. The romantic and irrational side of me tells me that it would hurt like hell to be back home, so far away from the man I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with and under these circumstances. How can I leave our home of the last few years, head to airport and say goodbye forever? I feel like I've said so many goodbyes in my life that I simply can't imagine having to say another. Not like this.

Back to the sensible side: I detest that I sound like someone whose romantic life is the sole focus of my existence.

I bet I'll be bouncing off the walls happy tomorrow. Bloody typical.

5 comments:

Parisian Cowboy said...

I don't think it's a shame to say goodbye. Even if it sucks sometimes.

Luli said...

LPC - I am a complete and utter romantic. Always have been and probably always will. I still believe love can conquer all (and all that other nonsense!). I have to be strong though and just make a decision, that is most healthy for me and not based on whether it will hurt or not.

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julia said...

Yes doll, that's right.

I and many others here for you whatever happens.

Anonymous said...

Good words.