I will start this post with an apology as I do not seem to be able to write with any degree of clarity at the moment..brief snippets below.
1. I am pleased to report that my self medication and a diet of tea and cigarettes has rocketed me back in to good health.
2. I arrived back in Australia a little over a week ago, and whilst the jet lag has now well and truly subsided, my cultural re-assimilation process is still ongoing.
3. My Aunt died last Saturday and so things have been a little emotional for the last few days. I am looking after my 15 year old cousin this week who had flown up to spend time with my sister and I.
4. I have not lived with my family in 15 years. Being back in the "family fold" is really a very strange feeling. I feel like I have momentarily regressed to a 13 year old who is sitting in my bedroom with the Britney Spears gem "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman", blaring through my boombox.
5. I really dislike Britney Spears.
6. When I was at Sydney Airport, the police officer patrolling the terminal was resting his bottle of evian on his gun holster. (Australia is so relaxed that we'd offer you a drink of water before wielding our weapons upon you. Unless your in Melbourne - they're a little more trigger happy down there).
7. If the Prime Minister of Australia gets voted in again at this year's federal election, I will NEVER reside in this country again.
8. Emotionally, I am still a bit all over the place at the moment, but I am feeling a lot more zen than I have in a while.
9. I've decided that I am going to go back to Uni and study French and Poltical Science via distance education. That way I can still do my law talkin thing, but I am furthering my education in things that I feel passionately about, too.
10. That's about it for now.