Thursday 5 April 2007

french knickers and fancy food

The sun is shining, the leaves are starting to blossom on the trees and I feel so relaxed that even the fact I'm currently broke does little to dampen my mood.

All of my life, I've always been able to earn my own money and spend it as frivolously as i desired. So from this experience of brokedom I'm taking a real lesson. I don't need money to be happy, I have fun, explore and create with limited funds, so when I am once again able to work, I should be able to use my money much more wisely. I'd have payed off a mortgage by now had I learnt all this ten years ago!

Although, I do know the first thing I'll be buying apart from the gorgeous necklace and brooch from Julia's delectable store, and that will be these babies:





They are absolute burlesque deliciousness, and, best of all, hand made by the Hackney based and aptly named Buttress & Snatch.

On to food. I have to admit that I wasn't a huge Neneh Cherry fan in the eighties, but after seeing the new BBC cooking show last night Neneh & Andi: Dish it Up. The food was divine. They were putting on a feast for their 12 closest girlfriends and the menu was a world food take on a tapas style feast. Included in the menu was: Swedish Style Brownies, Crispy Duck Salad, Wasabi Avocado and Prawn & Squid Ceviche. The recipes and background on the show can be found here.

The law of something (gravity, hormones, who knows) suggests that what goes up, must come down, and my bouncing off the walls and zen state will undoubtedly be interupted at some point. But, I'm tired of worrying about what will go wrong, and when. Life's short and right now, I'm a happy girl.

2 comments:

x said...

and after dinner, Neneh and Andi gave their friends knickers and bras! I loved that. :)

Luli said...

I know, the very same knickers that i've pictured. It is a great idea : ) I love them and they are based just around the corner from me so I was happy to see some locals get a plug!